>Daniel Winheld wrote:
>>  Recently I heard some Astor Piazzola (some original guitar, some
>>very well transcribed pieces) that I love so much I may try to get
>>and desecrate on the Renaissance lute.
>Piazzolo - all clenched and seething (or then again, gushing) would
>be a strange thing on the ethereal lute.

No doubt. Maybe there's a reason I haven't acted on that project yet.
Then again, imagine some of Albert de Rippe's most anguished
fantasies (No. 22 in the CNRS edition for example)  redone by G. A.
Terzi  or Kapsberger in a fit of rage- something could be possible.
The two pieces I'm bitten by are "Triston" and "Verano Porteno"-
that's the crazy one.  - Dan