From: "Edward C. Yong" <ky...@pacific.net.sg>
   I don't know why the world of classical guitar is of such
interest to
   this list

Perhaps because 90% of us are or have been classical guitarists?

I'd be really interested to know how many on the lute list are also guitarists or have been at some time. Not disputing Mr Posner's statistic, but merely curious.

I started off on lute, without ever having touched guitar before, and even now if I ever have to twiddle on a guitar, I have to mentally play the 'ok, everything is a minor third lower) game.

Anyone else *not* a guitar player?

Edward in Singapore
Lynda Sayce, and yours truly.
RT