Oups
Le 23 janv. 09 à 18:32, Anthony Hind a écrit :

Well Taco, the question concerned the various realizations of the Bis recording of Lindberg's Dowland, not Miguel's Baricade. I leant that Brilliant does not make the Masters, but buys the rights, so presumably they bought the rights to the Bis Dowland master. One might assume that unless there is a problem in transfer, the result could be indentical.

However, a wierd and wonderful apparatus exists that angle-shaves the side of a CD to improve (so it is claimed) laser-light retrieval (Audio Desk system CD sound improver): "Reduces light scatter in CDs and DVDs by cutting a bevel on the edge of the disc. Brings a reduction in 'glare' and hardness associated with CD sound." If so, even the weight, or whatever, of the CD chosen for the transfer, might effect rotation and so light retrieval. Well, I won't provide a link, in spite of all you enthusiasts just waiting to get your hands on one.

As for Miguel's CD. It was mastered with his control by the sound engineer, Jiri Heger, who also made the recording (not by Brilliant); and I know they both worked very hard to reproduce, as close as possible, the sound quality they were looking for.
http://tinyurl.com/dd7hjj
JH has worked with a number of Baroque ensembles, such as that of William Christie.

All feedback has been favourable, both about Miguel's refined playing style, and of the recording, but I am not sure how this should be evalued in lbs and oz.
http://tinyurl.com/al6g7s

Perhaps "the Gramophone" could replace their 5 stars to 1 rosette with Avoirdupois, 16oz to the lb (or Troy 12 oz to the lb); but Andrew Gibbs' idea of many "quavers to the crotchet", might go down a little better.
Should have read "so many"
AH
Regards
Anthony