     From: howard posner <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
     Subject: [LUTE] Re: Theorbo by Nic. Nic. B. van der Waals for sale
     To: "lutelist Net" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Monday, 16 February, 2009, 5:36 PM
On Feb 16, 2009, at 6:35 AM, Alfonso Marin wrote:

> What do you mean by TOY theorbo?
> Have you seen the pictures? Do you think Nico van der Waals will
> ever make a TOY instrument?
>
> Sorry. I don't get it.

Where have you been?  You missed all the fun.  The "toy theorbo" is a
recurring topic around here, and something of a running joke.

If you're curious, you can start with:

http://www.lutesandguitars.co.uk/htm/cat10.htm and search
"inaccurate"

and then google "toy theorbo" or  "Buchenberg containing a
shawm"