Howard, control yourself!

If it is a good lute otherwise, put it up for sale (if truly
irreparable) Someone might be interested in it, seriously. I know one
Baroque lutenist who had the rider removed from his very
unsatisfactory 13 course, and it is now a magnificent, beautifully
proportioned and exquisitely sounding 11 course lute. He has kept it,
and gotten a new 13 course that has worked out satisfactorily.

Anyway, lutes are no fun to shoot. Stumps, beer cans, and watermelons
are all much better. :)

  -Dan