As long as the subject has come up, the bass rider on my 13-course
broke off some time ago.  It looks as if it didn't come apart at a
glue joint; the wood itself seems to have split.  The break was
repaired once before, probably with hide glue, but it didn't hold.
I'm finally getting tired of having an 11-course lute instead of a 13-
course and would like to permanently reattach the rider.   Is strong
cyanacrylate a good option, or should I just take it to a professional?