Ray and others

I own a plastic Maccaferri ukulele. Apparently there were about 9
million of them sold (says Wikipedia). The 'chord-finder' gadget is
not moulded onto the neck, but attaches with little hooks and straps.

It is a real instrument, loud, bright, and has good intonation. By the
way: I understand from recorder players that plastic recorders sound
and behave a lot like surviving ivory recorders.

I sometimes use the Maccaferri as the cheapest renaissance guitar ever
- though not in concerts (yet) :-)) I would be highly interested to
try a plastic lute.

Jelma