On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM,  <dem...@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote:

> In this very list we have admitted on several occaisions that there is a
> need for inexpensive playable instruments.  Give this fellows ideas some
> room, he just might be able to pull it off - and better for him to do so
> with honest advice.

Fair enough. There are plans of lutes available from various museums
with instruments. The Hague Gemeentemuseum, for example, and Cité de
la Musique in Paris, too, I believe. Robert Lundberg's book
'Historical Lute Construction' has basic plans of the Erlangen Series
Lute Plans. The Guild of American Luthiers will  send you these as
full size blackline prints. It's a start.

David