I've had two that are noteworthy. A certain Russian journalist (also dabbling as a neomodernist composer) once described my historicist handywork as "selling trinkets in front of the museum". And another Russian atonalist wrote that although he sees no value in Neobaroque writing in general - my Ukrocentric pieces might secure me a place in music history.
RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob MacKillop" <luteplay...@googlemail.com>
To: "lute-cs.dartmouth.edu" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 3:13 AM
Subject: [LUTE] review

  I've had favourable and unfavourable reviews over the years, but this
  one is in a category of its own:

  "There is a choking quality of nocturnal obscuration in this instrument
  which suits you and this hopefully-painfully numbly depressive
  declamation of exquisite emptiness.
  The wood in the sound engulfs the throat and presses the forehead in a
  clutching gentility to highlight your very focused phrasing."

  ???So, you liked it???

  Anyone else have reviews they would like to share?

  Rob