     From: howard posner <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
     Subject: [LUTE] Re: review
     To: "lute-cs.dartmouth.edu Net" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 4:30 PM

   On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Roman Turovsky wrote:
   > These are HOWARD POSNER'S OWN words about Reger:
   Nice to see my name in bigger type than Reger's.
   > "Nonetheless, this is the only famous thing Reger ever wrote, far
   > outstripping any of his music.  It even conveyed a bit of immortality
   > on Rudolf Louis, the critic, without actually disputing anything he
   > said. Quick show of hands: can anyone remember ever hearing Reger's
   > Sinfonietta, which was the work Louis had panned?  Let's not all
   > speak up at once... "
   If it's nasty to say 1) Reger's bowel movement remark is more famous
   than any of his music, 2) Reger didn't dispute anything Louis said, and
   3) the Sinfonietta is pretty much unknown, so be it.
   Sorry, we've gotten way OT.  It's long past time to end this
   digression.