On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Roman Turovsky wrote:

These are HOWARD POSNER'S OWN words about Reger:

Nice to see my name in bigger type than Reger's.

"Nonetheless, this is the only famous thing Reger ever wrote, far
outstripping any of his music.  It even conveyed a bit of immortality
on Rudolf Louis, the critic, without actually disputing anything he
said. Quick show of hands: can anyone remember ever hearing Reger's
Sinfonietta, which was the work Louis had panned?  Let's not all
speak up at once... "

If it's nasty to say 1) Reger's bowel movement remark is more famous than any of his music, 2) Reger didn't dispute anything Louis said, and 3) the Sinfonietta is pretty much unknown, so be it.

Sorry, we've gotten way OT.  It's long past time to end this digression.