On Fri, Jun 12, 2009, Nigel Solomon <nigelsolo...@orange.fr> said:

> Rob MacKillop wrote:
>
>>   Regarding the 8c/7c question, there are many players who switch the
>>   lower two courses around, so you have a 'normal' 7c with the 7th course
>>   at D, plus an extra F on the 8th course. I haven't done this myself,
>>   but wonder if it is a good idea?

what is normal?  this is a player preference, suit the music you are
working with and your own hands reach.  stops on 9+ are not done by most,
on 8c its a challenge, on 7c feasible for many.  conveniant? rarely.  what
pitch to make each of 7c and 8c depends on what you are playing.  I like D
on 7 and C on 8, but just as the 6c when I was playing guitar, they dont
always stay there.
--
Dana Emery