The Russian theorbo piece is quite nice (albeit too guitaristic for my taste. Sounds a bit like Piazzolla, but somewhat diluted).
RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Durbrow" <edurb...@sea.plala.or.jp>
To: "LuteNet list" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 10:55 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: New lute music

  On Sep 25, 2009, at 8:58 PM, Peter Martin wrote:

    Hey, you hordes of contemporary lute music fans.  Have a look at The
    Lute Project at [1][1]http://www.abc.net.au/classic/lute/default.htm
    The Australian ABC broadcasting company commissioned four composers
    write works for lute or theorbo, which were performed live by Tommie
    Andersson at last year's Aurora Festival.  The site has videos of the
    concert plus interviews with the composers.  Well worth a look.

  Very nicely played.

  An Australian friend turned me on to this player several months ago.
  Very accomplished indeed.

  Ed Durbrow
  Saitama, Japan
  [2]edurb...@sea.plala.or.jp