I'm using a pair of Essilor at my computer and they are very good.
I'm sure you can get Zeiss in France, unless they stopped selling cameras.
I don't use progressive lenses at all, I just change out my glasses.
But most of my day is spent playing music or working on the computer.

HOWEVER the best way is to have then make you a pair with paddle
lenses that fit into a frame. You put that on, and tweak it untill
the music looks perfect. There is no substitute for this process and
it takes 5-10 minutes.
If they don't want to bother, get a new eye doctor.

You can also get your glasses in Goettingen from Herr Althofer in the
Fussganger zone at Fielmann Opticians. He is an optician who plays
the French horn in the local orchestra. Eye exams are free.
The Zeiss factory is down the street in case you want to get a
matching telescope. If you go during the Handel Festival you can take
in a few concerts as well.

The reason I'm picky about this is that I often am reading full
scores that that have huge numbers of very small staves. A good pair
of glasses makes this, TAB, original notation or anything else a piece of cake.
dt