On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM, David Tayler <vidan...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>   I agree that the word joy is a reference to Mountjoy, it is not the
>   repetition that is important, since many poets used repetition, it is
>   the way it is used.
>   For example,

Thank you, David, for your thoughts. I enjoy reading them, and find
them worthwhile food for tought. I'd love to see somebody do an
extensive search on Italian and French originals of Dowland's (and
other's) song texts, as it is my feeling too, the lute song composers
borrowed much from the continent.

And now to bed I hie (actually, and now my website I will update with
my latest Lute Lessons ...).

David