Yes, modern Brit composers are still doing the same thing.  Thomas
   Ades' piano piece 'Darknesse Visible' is a reworking of 'In Darkness
   let me Dwell'.  It's a long way from the original, but Dowland still
   shines through.  A beautifully textured work.
   [1]http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/062828/details.html (to buy the
   score....)
   [2]http://www.deezer.com/fr/#music/result/all/ades%20visible (to hear
   it - hope this link works outside France)
   Peter