On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM, "Mathias Rösel"
<mathias.roe...@t-online.de> wrote:
> "Roman Turovsky" <r.turov...@gmail.com> schrieb:
>> In any event: a Ukrainian cossack, resident in Vienna is credited with hte
>> coffee revolution:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerzy_Franciszek_Kulczycki
>>
>> and a correction: 1683 is the key date.
>> RT
>
> Well, the Austrian-German version has it different. Pls ignore my
> mistakes, resulting from translation in a rush.

The wikipedia article Roman refers to seems to have contributions from
the usual suspects. Check and collate with other articles that have
had questionable, and not so questionable, coverage on this list over
the years. Do we take the bait or do we ignore? We usually take the
bait.

David - knows nothing about how wikipedia works, nor about the
introduction of coffee in Europe apart from Bach's cantata, so please
ignore my remark completely if you feel you kow better in any way,
which I'm sure you do if you have taken the trouble to get this far
into my e-mail