Personally, aside from all talk of recordings, I'd much rather have a
professional give me a private performance in my living room than the shared
concert experience.  If I could sit three feet away from Robert Barto, Nigel,
Ronn, Hoppy, POD, etc, and listen to them play, I'd be in heaven because I'd be
getting all sorts of details that can't be heard in a large room.  Since I am
not able to afford the private concert, a recording should be the next best
thing.  Unfortunately, I often feel like I've gotten the worst seat in the back
row when I listen to most of my recordings.

Chris