Anthony,

   The digital vs. analogue battle will never be resolved, I think.  I
   still have a library full of records, in addition to a sizable
   collection of CDs.  I think my best vinyl still sounds more natural
   than my best CDs, but the CDs are more consistent in quality. Certainly
   a portion of my vinyl is inferior to CDs of the same material. ( And
   were it not for Nakamichi's record-centering turntable, I would listen
   to less vinyl than I do! ).  But for sure I wish all lute recordings
   were as good as the Astree POD ones!

   If I were more technology (primarily computer) oriented, I would get a
   good video camera and use my AKG mics and preamp for my home
   recording.  But for simplicity, I use a Zoom Q3  - usually about 4 to 5
   feet from me.   Sure, these units don't have the best mics, and
   certainly not great pre-amps, but over all youtubes recorded with such
   technology still sound more natural - honest - to my ears than
   over-reverberant commmercial recordings.

   Ned