     From: howard posner <howardpos...@ca.rr.com>
     Subject: [LUTE] Re: Marco dall'Aquila / O'Dette
     To: "LuteNet list" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Wednesday, 8 September, 2010, 5:37

   On Sep 7, 2010, at 2:29 PM, Narada wrote:
   > Yes Howard, you are right, I didn't read the notes.
   That's what happens with a lot of lute players who get too attached to
   tablature.
   > It must be a very spectacular building to get sound
   > refelctions like that.
   I'm not sure how unusual it is that way.  I'd have to be there to
   know.  After all, tunnels are echoey.  Almost any room with hard
   surfaces and high ceilings would be, to some extent.
   > As there are very few Lute Recitals given here in the north of
   England (
   > Yorkshire ) I don't have much appreciation of the 'live' sound. There
   is an
   > old Manor House not far from where I live that I've often thought
   would be a
   > nice venue for an evening of early music. It is called Oakwell Hall
   near
   > Birstall. It was the family seat of the Bat Family, who along with
   the
   > Saviles were one of the great land owners of the 15th - 16th century.
   Google
   > it and tell me what you think.
   I think it looks very nice.  Seems like a nice place to play, unless
   those are wax figures in the pictures.