hi david,
digitalizing costs a lot - for equipment and personal. the munich BSB is doing
a great job in preparing such a lot of digitals for us, but first for
preserving their treasures, too. if we are looking to cologne, we know, what it
means, if such a large archive is destroyed.

http://www.digitale-sammlungen.de/index.html?c=digitalisierung-scanner&l=de
on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y16rNqnxj0U

greetings