Thank you, Anthony- just the kind of report that you do so well, and
your results will spur me on to get some of the new nylguts (Shall we
just call them "NNG"?) -  chanterelles for my new workhorse
Renaissance lute and as far down as possible on some of the others-
4th course & possibly 5th, if they go as thick as about 1.05 mm.

For the last month or so I have been using plain nylon on the R-lute
chanterelle, as even the most durable guts have all shredded their
way to Gut String Heaven- so the blending of that string with the
all-gut rest of the lute matters very much. The best nylon
chanterelle by far that I found was a .46 mm (.018") by D'Addario
that a student of mine found at a guitar store- but they have just
stopped making that size. I have been surprised at how different in
quality, feel, and other subtle factors that nylon strings from
different sources can be from each other. I was coming to really like
the D'Addarios.

Anyone know who is dealing the new Nylguts in North America?

Thanks,

Dan