On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:17:18 -0000, Monica Hall wrote
> > In my player's years I've had loose bars causing buzzes as described
> > by Monica. One in a Baroque guitar as it happened. And in my teacher's
> > years I have seen many a buzz caused by a loose bar in modern
> > classical guitars.
> > Pitch related as well as season (humidity) related.
>
> I fear that you are right about this - it is a loose bar.   I assume
> that repairing involves taking off the back and that it is a big and
> expensive job.

Not neccesarily - I my cases (two lutes and a viola da mano) it was possible
to open up the top just a few centimeters to inject hide glue and repair
the loose bar. Not as expensive as I expected.

Best wishes for your instrument - it always scares me to have to bring
an instrument to the repair shop.

 Cheers, RalfD