I actually had a buzz once on a lute, and it drove me crazy (or as
Dan Winheld would say about me, crazier than baseline).  Of all
things it was a nylgut treble on a baroque lute, and it buzzed like
crazy, and it took a while to determine where the buzz came fro.  A
new string did the tick ( I used gut the next time).

ed

Edward Martin
2817 East 2nd Street
Duluth, Minnesota  55812