From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
co...@medievalist.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:31 PM
To: lutelist Net
Subject: [LUTE] Re: My First Lute

Howard wrote:

>Apart from the obvious caveats:
>
>Doesn't "travel lute" mean flat back?

Yes, I agree. The nomenclature they use seems a bit ignorant, not meant in the
pejorative. I think I saw an 8 course "descant" lute too by them.

>And importing rosewood may be a problem because most varieties are endangered.

Is there a moratorium or other proscription in the US on importing rosewood? I
wasn't aware if there is. Please let me know as I have an opportunity to get
some and don't want to break any laws I'm ignorant of. Thank you.

Regards,
Craig