From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
William Samson
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:41 PM
To: Lex van Sante; lute mailing list list
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Chitarrone

   I've been watching this discussion with interest and I wonder if it's
   feasible to produce a taxonomy of plucked stringed instruments?  In
   particular, is it possible to construct a 'key' with questions
   that distinguish one instrument from another, as botanists do with
   different kinds of orchid, for example?

   I simply throw this in as an idea - I'm NOT volunteering - I'm too old
   to dodge the huge amounts of flak that would result.

   Bill