     From: Denys Stephens <denyssteph...@sky.com>
     Subject: [LUTE] Re: Chitarrone
     To: "'lute net'" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Wednesday, 17 October, 2012, 20:32

   Dear Roman,
   I fully respect your freedom of speech, but I find it sad to
   see Robert Spencer referred to in that way. His article was
   written 36 years ago, and represented a significant contribution
   to the subject at the time. It's hardly surprising that
   things have moved on since then, but notwithstanding that, his
   outstanding contribution to the world of lute music is
   remembered with gratitude and respect by many.
   Best wishes,
   Denys