True we do not know exactly where de Visée was from, but he was probably born
in the Paris area and was active at court as early as 1680. In 1692 du Pradel
(aka de Blégny), in his list of masters for the guitar, mentions "de Vizé (a
very common spelling of his name at the time), à Luxembourg", which means he
lived near the Palais du Luxembourg and not the country of the same name...

Best,

Jean-Marie