I am going off topic here, but do we really know where Robert de Visée is from?
I recall finding an entry in a modern edition of Nicolas Blégny's Le livre
commode (1692) about a certain Visée (spelt differently). He is said to be from
one of the low countries, but I cannot remember which one. Of course, I could
be totally wrong.