Not only did Mesangeau use this tuning a lot. This piece has many stylistic
traits characteristic of him.
I suggest he could well have been the composer. Otherwise someone else has
deliberately cited
from his work. Anyway Tombeau de Mesangeau might mean Tombeau by Mesangeau as
well as Tombeau for Mesangeau. If my suggestion is right, this tombeau would
predate the one composed by Ennemond Gaultier.
Lex

Op 20 apr 2014, om 14:29 heeft wbc het volgende geschreven: