That's probably what you get if you give an ape a laptop with a tab
generator instead of a typewriter.

Stephan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von WALSH STUART
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. März 2015 09:55
An: Gary R. Boye; AJN; lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Two alfabeto prints (Pesaro Abbatessa) New UR Research
Publications for dates: 01/21/2015 - 01/22/2015

> The relationship of this book to other Pesaro tablatures is complex; I
> hope to publish a web page with information on them soon. I visited
> Rochester in November 2013 and moved these two tablatures and a few
> other things up in the queue; it took them awhile but they came up in
> January.
>
> As for quality of music, well, it's Pesaro. I keep waiting for him to
> find his voice and be more than historically interesting, but in vain
> . . . But I wouldn't say it is unplayable, on the whole, just "clunky"
> (to use a non-musicological term).
>
> Gary

I think that, for example, some early Granata and Coriandoli might be
described as "clunky" (= meagre, thin, lacking!?) but Pesaro's mixed tabs
don't even offer the hope of being reconstructed to "clunky".

Here are a couple of pieces from Lo Scrigno Armonico:

http://www.pluckedturkeys.co.uk/musicp2.jpg
http://www.pluckedturkeys.co.uk/musicp3.jpg

I'm happy to be proved wrong. But it does seem very strange fare to actually
publish. I put up some pics from Lo Scrigno years ago:

http://www.pluckedturkeys.co.uk/Pesori/

Could it be that people bought the book because it looked impressive?

Stuart

---