Hi
   I live in Montreal and play Medieval and Renaissance music.   Had a
   medieval music group for 15 years or so, and frankly I got tired of
   dressing up and going to medieval fairs and banquets, where no-one
   really cares about real medieval music, and just wants background
   noise. Most people who go to these fairs and banquets have no clue as
   to what medieval music is, and want everyhing from Thoineau Arbault
   Bransle des Chevaux to Lorrena McKennit celtic music.   They have no
   clue about Cantigas de Santa Maria, Trouvere and troubadour music, and
   never mind if you should even attempt to play some Trecento music.
    I now only play in concert situations, and organize workshops together
   with a bunch of friends, to educate the people.. and I no longer dress
   up..
   Back in university some 40 years ago, it was fun to go play in medieval
   and renaissance banquets..    no longer is the case for me
   Bruno

     Hallo, Tristan et al.
     I play a 16th-century-style 8-course lute.
     I live in Indianapolis, IN, USA. My wife and I perform at
     some renaissance faires [sic] and Scottish Highland games.
     While Renaissance Faire music tends toward novelty songs, I
     am adamant on including a handful of John Dowland,
     Pickeringe, and some tunes from the Scottish lutebooks
     Straloch and Rowallan.
     I am also called upon for the occasional wedding and school
     events.
     Cheers,
     Samuel J. Lawson