In 1967 I played Renaissance lute music on a Renaissance lute (9 course transitional thing by David Rubio) at an open mic joint in S.F. Also performed  impromptu in a number of coffee houses on Haight Street. And once in a vacant lot in the wee hours in the Fillmore district (back when it was an African-American slum, where I lived for a time) for the entertainment of some poor homeless drunks. Good times, actually. My music was somewhat less appreciated a few years later in a rural redneck bar in Maine. They wanted country western, and I didn't blame them one bit.

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"

Francisco Goya was no dummy, that's for sure. Make America Musical Again  (Oh, mama!)

Dan