Dan, so if your instrument goes up to "r", do you count "q" as a fret? My issue
with my initial post was how those positions above the octave are labelled. And
in the example tab I cited, if "t" refers to the 4th above the octave there is
one letter missing. My assumption was that "q" was skipped.
Jurgen

“There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.”

Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rumi