I'll second the recommendation for the Zoom H4. I got the H4n Pro as an
   upgrade from the Zoom H1. The H1 was great for a few years, but the H4n
   Pro has significantly better preamps. The original H4 has the same
   pre's as the H1, but the H4n Pro has the same pre's as the H6, so you
   get a LOT more headroom. As was previously mentioned, you can also use
   external mics on their own or in conjunction with the built in capsules
   to get up to 4 simultaneously recorded tracks.
   The biggest drawback I've found with these units is battery life. At
   home, I always use the AC adapter. In the field, I carry backup
   rechargeable batteries. Phantom power will kill the batteries in less
   than an hour.
   If you'd like to hear how the H1/H4n Pro sound in the context of lute
   (and guitar) music specifically, every recording on my website was made
   with them.
   With the H1 around  $100  USD (I got mine on sale for about $60) and
   the H4n Pro at about  $200,  I'd say go for the H4n Pro.
   Warmest Regards,
   Jacob Johnson
   [1]www.johnsonguitarstudio.com

   On Fri, May 17, 2019, 11:41 AM Ralf Mattes <[2]r...@mh-freiburg.de>