Molinaro's collection is one of the best books!

You should have a look at it again.

No. 1 isn't that difficult, maybe you weren't up to par back then.

It plays better with thumb out.

Other playable fantasies are Nos. 3, 5 and 13.

The Conte Orlando Ballo is also nice to have in the repertoire.

But No. 12 is certainly one of the most difficult pieces of the entire
literature.

I guess even Paul O'Dette struggled a lot with it.

Passamezzo was *the* learning platform for diminutions and improvisation.

It was after 1560 that those really gained momentum.

Wurstisen Lute Book has 100 of them, many very unusual and creative.