Ah great! Thank you, I didn't think this was Irish.

   I think I have a facsimile somewhere.

   On 22.07.20 00:07, Ron Andrico wrote:

   Calleno, or Calen O custure me, found in tablature from the Ballet lute
   ms. is thought to be an Irish tune.

   Several of us have foisted loads of arrangements of later Irish tunes
   upon unsuspecting listeners, and Ronn McFarlane has a very nice
   recording of his own arrangements played on baroque lute.

   From: [1]lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu
   [2]<lute-...@new-old-mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> on behalf of Tristan von
   Neumann [3]<tristanvonneum...@gmx.de>
   Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:36 PM
   To: [4]lute@cs.dartmouth.edu [5]<lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Spanish harp in this whole mix

   Now that you mention Mersenne...
   [6]https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k63326258/f320.highres
   But seriously, the question of how the instruments were built is
   important,
   but I'm really interested in the music, or more specifically, pieces
   that are derived from harp playing.
   I know that new tunings in England are called "harp-way" or something,
   but what about earlier times?
   And does anyone know genuine Irish music for Lute?
   On 21.07.20 21:04, David Brown wrote:
   >     Hello Martyn and luters...
   >

   >     As my mail client and VPN seem to insist on arguing, I'll take my
   >     chances of getting this out….
   >

   >     Since Mudarra and Spanish harp was brought up and I was
   re-reading
   >     Peter Holman's 1987 article in Early Music, Holman mentions the
   >     possibility that the painting "The Cabal", at Nostell Priory , by
   J. B.
   >     Medina that "could be" Charles Evans with his Italian harp. I am
   >     certain the Spanish harp had its influences on the Italian triple
   harp,
   >     but this harp appears to be a Spanish double. J. B. Medina was
   born in
   >     Bruxelles to a Spanish army captain trained with a Flemish
   Protrait