Sylvain Rochet wrote:
> the problem here is that some OS have two
> differents API, one which must be called from interrupt context, and one
> from threads. This is the case at least for FreeRTOS:

I know that. You could argue whether lwIP is the problem here or the FreeRTOS
API :-)
Are there any other OSes doing it like that? Is there actually a good reason to
do so? What's the difference between "tryPost" from ISR vs. from task?

In the end, it's a port limitation that you have to have an RX thread when
using FreeRTOS. And I must admit I didn't follow the discussion, so I don't
know the OS the OP is using, sorry...

Simon