On 09/11/2014 11:05 AM, othiman wrote:
Hi everyone,

I already posted this to askubuntu.com (http://askubuntu.com/questions/522457/lxc-container-no-outgoing-traffic-with-bridged-network-and-public-ip-address), but I think this might be a better place to find help.

I try to setup a LXC container with bridged network on ubuntu 14.04.1, but the outgoing traffic seems to be blocked. Ping another IP than the container's one is not working. Actually I tried this with a working container of a ubuntu 12.04 host moved to new hardware and a recent ubuntu 14.04, but the problem also applies to a new created ubuntu 14.04 container.

I should mention that if I bind the IP address to an aliasing interface of the host directly, pinging inside and outside to the host is working correctly.

lxc.network.ipv4=91.143.88.119/24
    lxc.network.ipv4.gateway=91.143.88.1

    auto br0
    iface br0 inet static
        address 81.7.15.233
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        broadcast 81.7.15.255
        gateway 81.7.15.1
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_waitport 0
        bridge_maxwait 0

and on the client:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
        address 91.143.88.119
        netmask 255.255.255.0

First of all either use guest's network file or lxc.networ.ipv4* settings. There is no reason to use both.

Can you ping 91.143.88.1?
What do you see with tcpdump -i eth0 on the host machine?

tamas