> If you're in a production environment, you will tend to start or stop
> your containers as seldom as you will start and stop your servers.

I see this as a good reason to have a simple control panel. When you
seldom use something, you tend to forget how to do things, or in the
case of manageing multiple servers, you forget how each one is
configured. A simple visual interface helps to get the job done with the
confidence your not going to break anything.

As a developer, I may be required to install something on a clients
machine, and I want to set up a container to protect their system and
myself from any mishap.  A simple ncurses app, would allow me to add a
container without worrying about what distro i am using, or interfering
with existing containers should there be any.

As a newbie, I may want to try LXC out without a steep learning curve.