At 01:43 PM 2/4/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Steven> Hi, regarding my previous post, in which I said that LyX 1.0.0
>Steven> crashed when I ran it: it now works find, since I got the
>Steven> bright idea to remove #define XOPENIM from config.h.
>
>Steven> The configure script should take care of this, I guess. You
>Steven> can do 'uname -a' and then you'll get 'CYGWIN_NT-4.0 PETTEN
>Steven> 20.1 (0.3/1/1) 1998-12-3 20:39:18 i686 unknown' at my system.
>
>Currently, the configure script checks whether the X libraries have
>XOpenIM() to determine whether to use X input methods. A better
>solution would be to know which versions of cygwin are broken or,
>better, to request that this bug is fixed in cygwin.

Xlib is not part of the Cygwin library. It is just the source distribution
ported to Win32 using Cygwin. Maybe the problem is with my X-server,
Exceed. I don't know. I do not really know what XOpemIM does anyway.

>I'll be glad to provide a workaround if you can get more info of what
>version does not work...

The version of the Cygwin library is 20.1. The version of Xlib that was
ported is 6.4. I didn't try to compile it with any other versions.

                                                                Dag,
                                                                Steven
--- (http://www.cs.uu.nl/staff/steven.html)