Carlos> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Steven> The version of the Cygwin library is 20.1. The version of Xlib
Steven> that was ported is 6.4. I didn't try to compile it with any
Steven> other versions.
>>  To be clearer, my problem is that I'd like to know whether the
>> problem lies in the X server, or the cygwin port (or whatever)
>> before adding a workaround. I do not want to prevent platforms who
>> would otherwise work from having support for input methods...

Carlos> If the version of Xlib is 6.4, I guess is is X11R6.4. There is
Carlos> a bug in the fix-2 version of the library [XOpenIM() refered
Carlos> NULL pointer in the function strncpy()]. It was found by me,
Carlos> with a help from Jean-Marc in the debugging, me and confirmed
Carlos> by the author, Takashi Fujiwara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. I
Carlos> guess they will include a patch in the next fix (fix-4).

Hmm, I do not know how we could test for the right version of X11R6.4,
then... Can somebody think about a test?