>> cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Richard>      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard> Huh?  how is this address getting into the system???

base64 did it. You warned us, and now it strikes back.

Richard> OH, I can handle it, but it's annoying on the command line,
Richard> especially over a dial-in.  Two extra questions to display
Richard> it, then you have to quit the pager it brings up, for about
Richard> four extra keystrokes.

In my emacs, it is 2 keystrokes: 'v' to go in mime-mode, and 'e' to
extract.

Richard> And isn't base64 one of microsoft's "decommoditizations"?

Good question. At least it has the advantage of being more efficient
than uue. As far as google can tell, it is the result of rfc1521 and
no microsoft name appears anywhere:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1521.html

In fact, it dates from 1993. I do not think Microsoft knew about
internet at the time.