On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 10:01:01PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
>   >> Alejandro Aguilar Sierra writes:
>
>   AAS> On 24 Mar 1999, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
>   >> Would it be ok to have a link from www.lyx.org the funding page
>   >> at www.devel.lyx.org?
>
>   AAS> It would be better the contrary, in the "do you have some bucks
>   AAS> to spare" section in the devs page, a link to funding in the
>   AAS> main page.
>
>   AAS> In the devs page we rather want hands than money, IMO.
>
> But it is so much easier to have it on deve.lyx.org...
> We can not use php3 on www.lyx.org, and nazgul do not want to handle
> the load of www.lyx.org hits.

I think the idea is that you want to put things that the average LyX user
will use on lyx.org, and things that only developers will look at on devel.
Of course, we want *more* people to send money, and it's entirely possible
that NON-developers will want to give money. (Possible, perhaps not
probable.) So I'm afraid it really makes sense for it to be on lyx.org. Do
you really need php3 for the funding page?

That said, you figure only a small percentage of the people who come to
lyx.org will click on the funding page, so maybe it's ok to leave that page
at devel.

Hm. I didn't say anything, did I?

-Amir