On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 02:23:59PM +0100, Bernd Noll wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Have some wishes/suggestions for the next version of LyX :))
>
> 5. other types of cross-referencing than just "Ref" & "Pageref" -
>    e.g. also with user-definable form

I'm something of a LaTeXpert, and I have *no* *clue* how to do other
cross-referencing beyond section number and page number references.
What else *would* you cross-reference?  Besides which, LaTeX only has
support for section number and page number references.  It also has
support for indices, bibliographies, and glossaries --- is that what
you're thinking?  Or is there some LaTeX package I've never heard of
that you've used.

Does HTML/SGML/DocBook have other types of cross-references?

BTW:  As Lars mentioned, there will be eventual support for ulem.sty,
which, IIRC, permits you to alter how citations appear in the text
[the type of parens, etc.]

--
John Weiss
On a train, someplace between Pawling and White Plains...