[John Weiss]

> > 5. other types of cross-referencing than just "Ref" & "Pageref" -
> >    e.g. also with user-definable form
>
> I'm something of a LaTeXpert, and I have *no* *clue* how to do other
> cross-referencing beyond section number and page number references.
> What else *would* you cross-reference?  Besides which, LaTeX only has
> support for section number and page number references.  It also has
> support for indices, bibliographies, and glossaries --- is that what
> you're thinking?  Or is there some LaTeX package I've never heard of
> that you've used.
>
> Does HTML/SGML/DocBook have other types of cross-references?

Thought about things like paragraph text , nearest (sub)section-name
befor label etc. ...
btw. I must admit I do not use latex as printout generator but
Framemaker, thus I do not think primarily about "how can
it be done in (la)tex" ;)

[Lars Gullik Bjønnes]

>  BN> 8. user-definable variables? :))
>
> Has been thought of. But what will you do with them? Or are you
> thinking of "lgb" -> "Lars Gullik Bjønnes" kind of variables?

yes - in that way; however the variable must not be replaced
by text during the input; thus, if we decide to change its value,
all occurrences change their output.

>  BN> User interface ...
>
>  BN> 9. A possibility to add some user-defined styles into the layout
>  BN> tool bar.
>
> If you define them in *.layout this is already possible. What I'l like
> to see is a interactive way to create new layouts. These could be
> stored in the document and/or in some global/user templates.

Sorry for not making things clear - I referred to character styles ...
the (currently) only way to access those, are the three buttons
emph, caps & user-style in the toolbar; a selector like for parastyles
would be nice, but the possibility to add some buttons would even
be nicer ;)

regards, 0