Amir> On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 08:08:10PM +0200, Denis Valdenaire
Amir> wrote:
>> I don't know if it is the right place to ask but i consider
>> studying LyX and translate it to french = the language we talk in
>> Paris :)

Amir> Yes, this is the right place to ask.  And we would love to have
Amir> things translated into another language! I assume you're talking
Amir> about translating the documentation, since the menus, key
Amir> bindings etc. have already been translated.

There is still more work to do there.

Amir> Check out the Translations page at www.devel.lyx.org, which
Amir> suggests that you should translate the Introduction, splash
Amir> page, and Tutorial first. I'll put your name in as the French
Amir> translation contact on that page.

Please put Pierre-Henri Boinnard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
there instead. He has a more advanced translation already (I just know
it since friday...). I'll commit what is showable today.

Amir> There are at least a couple french/english speakers on the
Amir> developer's list.  Jean-Marc Lasgouttes ---
Amir> [EMAIL PROTECTED] --- has been on the list for ages,
Amir> so he knows about LyX, and his English is good (I don't know
Amir> about his French :) so he's a good person to talk to. If you
Amir> have trouble with a weird English idiom, you could mail me
Amir> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Why are you showing off your nice [EMAIL PROTECTED] address and do not
mention my nicer [EMAIL PROTECTED]?? Envy?

Seriously, I already put Pierre Henri and David in contact and have
great hopes that they will manage the translation work without needing
me :)

Amir> By the way, Jean-Marc, can you tell us if there's anyone else
Amir> working on French translations? It would be a shame to duplicate
Amir> effort...

I just answered to this question 20 lines earlier in this mesage. You
have not been reading carefully.

>> Thanks a lot if you can directly answer me as i'm not concerned by
>> development.

Amir> OK. There's a very low volume "list" (more like an alias) of lyx
Amir> documentation folk.

Yes, it would be a good idea to manage this list from lists.lyx.org
and let anybody subscribe.