On 11 Aug 1999 11:56:22 +0200, Lars Gullik Bj°nnes wrote:

>"Arnd Hanses" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>|              os2-defines.h :
>|
>| -------------------
>| [...]
>|
>| #if defined(_LYX_MAIN_C) || defined(_FILETOOLS_C)
>| #include "LString.h"
>| [...]
       return temppath;
       return path;

Hey, you did not protest here; shame on you ;-)

>I will not have any code that depend on the include guards.

Is this bug-bound? Everybody does it (at least in C), I'd say configure
is severely broken in too many cases (not only with emx but on systems
like AIX, IRIX, CRAY etc., too). I'd better not trust this problematic
tool; even on Linux I had problems with tests depending in libc4/5.

>|      //An internal helper to better handle DOS-style paths
>| inline static LString CleanupPath(LString const &path);
>
>also static in .h files is banned.
>(I guess we have it somewhere else, but that does not make it better)
>
>We can have the configure script (or the makefile) setup a link from
>os_specific.h to os2_defines.h, or os_default.h.

I would like it more to put the actual C++ code into some os_suport.C
and leave the defines in os2_defines.h. I could use then in filetools.C

        #ifdef __EMX__
        #include <os_suport.C>
        #endif

>       Lgb