On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:23:35 +0900, Shigeru Miyata wrote:

>Arnd, I think I have ported most of your patch to 1.1
>Please check.

I'm not so fast there, 1.1 is still exotic. So please be very
patient...

>notes:
>  - I don't like the ExtList[] idea.  ".exe" and ".cmd" are checked
>there
>    because OS/2 shells does not distinguish them and it is necessary to
>    handle lyx.exe, configure.cmd, reLyX.cmd, noweb2lyx.cmd in a unified
>    way.  It is actually the responsibility of the caller (of
>    FileOpenSearch()) to supply the appropriate extensions.

Agreed. Purpose was mainly to demonstrate to myself, how a notion of
easy extensibility could be implemented.

>  - I didn't call CleanupPath() if it is unnecessary.  Calling it in
>    GetCWD is in fact harmful, although it is *I* who says don't bother
>    DBCS safeness.  (_getcwd2() correctly translate backward slashes to
>    forward slashes, while CleanupPath() messes DBCS second bytes)

Sure. Perhaps CleanupPath() should better be implemented using nls-safe
emx lib C string macros internally, only if this not so nice toward
LString? Or even better make LString clean for Double/triple Byte
Character Strings?

>Still,
>    it is not necessary to introduce misfeature.

No doubt. Don't spoil forward compatibility, where it doesn' cost very
much to introduce. (Only some care and thoughtfullness).

Greets,

        Arnd