Amir Karger wrote:

> Sorry I didn't answer this earlier. The strange thing is that when I ran
> reLyX on it, it worked just fine. Could you send me the output of reLyX -d?

OK - attached - here is the screen printout:

bethe:ABSTRACTS/ABSTRACTS-00> reLyX -d OSAmtg.tex > RELYX.dat
reLyX, the LaTeX to LyX translator. Revision date 1999/05/02

Reading LaTeX command syntax from
/usr/local/lyx/share/lyx/reLyX/syntax.default
In Directory /usr/users/drummond/ABSTRACTS/ABSTRACTS-00/
(OSAmtg.tex: Splitting Preamble from LaTeX file OSAmtg.tex into
OSAmtg.relyx1 and OSAmtg.relyx2
Creating LyX preamble from OSAmtg.relyx1
Reading layout file /usr/local/lyx/share/lyx/layouts/article.layout
Cleaning TeX file (OSAmtg.relyx2 --> OSAmtg.relyx3)
Translating (OSAmtg.relyx3 --> OSAmtg.relyx4)
Can't call method "print" in empty package "print" at
/usr/local/lyx/bin/../share/lyx/reLyX/BasicLyX.pm line 875,
<TeXOpenFile0003> chunk 254.
Exited due to fatal Error!
bethe:ABSTRACTS/ABSTRACTS-00>

> > Peter> (1) If you have a citation label like {a_b} in a Latex file,
> > Peter> Relyx will occasionally change it to {a_{b}}. But this is not
> > Peter> done consistently, so the result is a broken citation. Really,
> > Peter> Relyx should not change the labels, as they are not syntax.
> >
> > This is a difficult problem, mentionned in reLyX bugs list. I'm not
> > sure it will be fixed soon.
>
> To expand on this a bit, allow me to quote one of the icons of our age:
> "math is hard." (Barbie)

OK, I understand, its not fatal - but I thought it worth reporting.

> > Peter> (2) If you import/export/import/export Latex (for example, to
> > Peter> exchange files with nonLyxers), then you often build up a lot
> > Peter> of unwanted frontmatter. Eventually this breaks the Latex
> > Peter> compiler. It would be nice if repeated import/export would
> > Peter> reach an unchanging, steady state!
> >
> > On the todo list.
>
> Yes, it's a problem. You can delete the few extra lines in the exported
> latex file. Yes, this is annoying. Sorry.

No sweat - appreciate all your efforts at making RELYX work as well as
it does!
If you don't go the Tex route for a native format, has anyone thought
about
using XML - its very close to what you have got anyway, in syntax, but
has a
more standard set of conventions.

Peter Drummond.
--
Physics Department, University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072,
Queensland, Australia. Tel:+61-7-3365-3404  Fax:+61-7-3365-1242